Sunday 31 December 2017

The Obligatory New Year Round Up 2017

It's been an odd year - despite the high work load (as per) I don't feel as though I really got anything done in 2017.  I wrote two plays - one adaptation of The Time Machine which was staged mostly to my satisfaction (the projections had to be abandoned) and another which has been sent into the ether.  If it doesn't get picked up anywhere in the next few months I will produce an audio version and share it with the world.

I've produced a fair old amount of audio this year, though a lot of this has been audio versions of older work - I've just about got on top of archiving what I can of my old plays and stories, though there are still a few which are stuck because I don't quite have the budget to make them happen.
Minor successes for me have been The Other Day stories, which I've enjoyed creating, though I suspect there are not many more in the tank before I run out of genuinely interesting ways to be killed.


I did a little bit of work on the early drama side of things - the production of Duke Moraud being a surprise success.  It was only a short run and not many people saw it, but it was genuinely funny and not horribly self indulgent, which it could have easily been.  Audio material is archived below.



2018 is sort of planned out - though how things will fit together I cannot say.  Simon Nader and myself are producing a comedy show, with hopefully a roster of special guests, which we want to tour and generally have fun with throughout the year.  It's The Tat Roadshow, based loosely on the podcast series, The Museum of Tat.  More on that soon.  I'm also planning on producing a one off follow up to Metal Harvest, about maps in the First World War.  This will be a live show, probably appearing at the end of the year... somewhere.
In terms of new writing and audio, I'm not going to say more.  I will write at least one new play to go out to the usual suspects, and will write lots of short pieces for audio.  I'm producing at least one new thing to go out each week, so there's a steady workload of storytelling going on.  Please support this work - it really does make a difference.  Everything that I've created so far thanks to patreon can be heard below.  This wouldn't have happened without my patrons on and off patreon. Thank you.


Finally, I want to write a 'radio' serial.  I've mentioned this before, and I will do it eventually.  In an ideal world I'd have more time and money and get it produced asap.  The more patrons I get, the more likely this is to happen.  (Hint, hint.)
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment