Tuesday 10 March 2015

Last of the Tryouts

I've completed my first round of tryouts for Everyman now - lots of work still to do, but some really great feedback and the show improves every time.  Last night I was performing for a play readers group in Hadleigh, where the discussion of the play afterwards lasted longer than the play itself.  I do like a good discussion.
As promised last post, the Bad and Good Deeds from the last few shows... (all spelling original)

Bad Deeds:
I put a bag of stones in the wheelie bin
Disciplined a student - he didn't deserve it.
Broke an ornament in someone's house and hid the evidence.
Parked in one of the co-ops disabled car spaces.
Forced someone to pay for a scratch on my car that I did.
Told my parents a lie and said I had to go to a meeting rather than seeing them.
Stole flowers from my neighbour's garden.
Played a trick on my sister said she fell over and hurt herself
I stole some sweets when I was a child.
Didn't count a putt in golf on my score!!
Ate sweets when I shouldn't / Ate too much chocolate
Serious murderous thoughts regarding Putin!

Good Deeds:
I take my neighbour's weely-bin out and put it back. : )
Learnt to smile
Helped with my granddaughter when she broke her arm. In fact solely in charge!
I donated my bike to the thriftshop Hadleigh.
To give hope where none exists.
Helped a friend in distress with financial matters
Visit elderly people who live alone.
Helping someone less fortunate than yourself
Started a community group who subsequently raised lots for charity
Helped someone who fell over in the street.
Helped to organise a surprise party for a friend
I took a German hitchhiker from Gibraltar to Calais and bought all his meals on the journey

And I'll leave you with a few more quotes from the audience...
"Something we are unused to - but enjoyed immensely... Thank you!  A first... Unusual and interesting... Terrific & thought provoking - thank you..."
And I even put together a little word cloud of the audience reviews so far...


The Summoning of Everyman Tours March / April 2015
All shows will be Pay-What-You-Want and tickets can be reserved by phone or online.
Telephone: 07946 652 196
Email: contact@milkbottleproductions.co.uk
For emails or any phone messages please state your name, contact number, number of tickets and, most importantly, which date/venue you're booking for.
I'll be keeping this blog post updated and there's a page on the microsite and shortly on my website.
If your local venue is not represented it's not too late to be added to the tour.  I'll come to churches, village halls, small rooms or even your home for a private performance for friends and family - just contact me and we'll see what can be done.  Have toothbrush, will travel!

Offton & Willisham Village Hall                  -              Tuesday 24th March at 7.30pm
Chappel & Wakes Colne Village Hall         -              Wednesday 25th March at 7.30pm
Great Waldingfield Village Hall                   -              Thursday 26th March at 7.30pm
Boxford Village Hall                                   -              Tuesday 31st March at 7.30pm
Cavendish Memorial Hall                           -              Wednesday 1st April at 7.30pm
Hitcham Village Hall                                   -              Thursday 2nd April at 7.30pm
Maurice Rowson Hall, Gosfield                  -              Friday 3rd April at 7.30pm
Leavenheath Village Hall                            -              Sunday 5th April at 6pm
Hundon Village Hall                                   -              Monday 6th April at 7.30pm
Creeting St Mary Jubilee Hall                     -              Tuesday 7th April at 7.30pm
Assington Village Hall                                -              Thursday 9th April at 7.30pm
Brettenham Village Hall                             -              Tuesday 14th April at 7.30pm
Steeple Bumpstead Village Hall                 -              Wednesday 15th April at 7.30pm
St Mary’s Church, Chilton                         -              Sunday 19th April at 3pm
Boxted & Hartest Institute                         -              Monday 20th April at 7.30pm
Stisted Village Hall                                    -              Wednesday 22nd April at 7.30pm

All details correct at time of press – updates, corrections and directions to shows can be found online – or contact us direct.

No comments:

Post a Comment