Sunday 5 May 2013

I've sort of not written a play...

As per the now established pattern, I'm looking for people to join me for a read through of my new play.  Last time I did this at short notice because a play I'd let drift for a year had suddenly burst into life before me.  This time I'm calling a read through at short notice for completely the opposite reason.  The play I'm working on is, by and large, getting there.  But it isn't even a completed first draft.  It's about nine thousand words that follow some order, but which in no way, as yet, resembles a play.
However, I am working to a deadline, which is coming up very soon.  Problem is I need to work to an even closer deadline so that I get it written with enough time to then re-write it and send it forth with some sense of decorum.  So, I'm creating an artificial deadline, a read through, for which to aim at.  That way the play has to be ready, because the last thing I want to do is make a tit of myself in public.  If I wanted to do that I'd take up Morris dancing.  Oh, the horror, the horror!
So, usual rules - if you're based in Suffolk - make your way to the Quay Theatre bar on Saturday 18th May at 12.30pm and join in the read through.  I think I'll need about half a dozen (unlike the last two plays this has a relatively modest cast) and it shouldn't take much more than 90 minutes or so.  Following my positive discrimination policy it's mostly a female cast, of various ages, but we've had game men reading cross gender before (and visa-versa for that matter).  I offer a coffee or something similar in recompense for your time and feedback.  It usually is good fun.
And as you're in the area, then there is a production of a murder mystery Death in High Heels that evening, which I am not uninvolved in - go on, make a day of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment